A concussion is a mild traumatic brain injury often caused by an impact to the head due a fall, sports or motor vehicle accident. Symptoms can include headache, dizziness, fatigue, balance issues, vision disturbance, affectation to noise or light, nausea/vomiting, feeling “foggy”, and many more.
At the Active Sport physiotherapy Clinic, our physiotherapists have years of post-graduate training and field sport coverage experience in concussion management and vestibular disorder. Concussion Rehabilitation involves the manual examination and treatment of patients who have an autonomic, neck, visual, or vestibular or inner ear component to their symptoms post-concussion.
Following the latest Concussion Consensus from the international conference on concussion, based on our evaluation findings, we provide:
- Neck injury management through Exercises and manual therapy
- Visual & Vestibular (balance) therapy
- Neuro-Visual Postural therapy
- Cardiovascular re-training
- Education about how to decrease the frequency and severity of your symptoms
- Return-to-work planning
- Return-to-sport planning
- Recommendations for psychology, optometry, sports medicine